Thursday, November 26, 2015

What I Took On My Vacation and the Winners!

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating! I hope you all get the day off and can have some stitching time. 

And, what did I bring with me on vacation? Well, the choices were tough, but I did stitch on everything I brought with me, all 3 of them!

I stitched on:

1. Sleigh Ride

I really wanted to progress on this one and I managed a decent start after having to frog my start twice! I decided to work from the top down on this one and I certainly hope I counted correctly. :) 



I was happy with my progress, but since it was all half stitch it seemed like the fabric was starting to stretch while I was stitching in hand. I decided to wait until I could use my Qsnaps and put it down after only one night of stitching. 

2. Tribal Dragon

I managed a lot of work on this one! I was really close to finishing the last of the dark blue on the wings when I left and I managed to start the green of the dragon's body:
 Kind of looks like a horse here :)
A little more like a dragon

The Caron Waterlily threads are so nice to work with. Very smooth working 1 over 1 on 25 count lugana. I have 2 more colours to add, so keep posted for updates!

5. Butterfly Quote

Another fun one! I managed to finish part of the 2nd word on the top line. It will read "just when the" eventually. This is easy with Jodyri's lovely threads and 2 over 1 on 14 count. 

So that's it! I brought 3 projects and managed some progress on each one. That means the winners of the Jodyri threads giveaways are:

Katie of Sew Dance for guessing #2 and #5 - Double prize pack coming your way Katie!
Katie of Jeremiah's Mom for guessing #1
Linda of Stitching with my Furbabies for guessing #2

Thanks everyone for joining in and I will be in touch with the winners later today, or feel free to contact me first. :) 

Special thanks to Mii Stitch for playing even though she didn't want to be included in the giveaway. You were correct with Tribal Dragon! 

Happy Stitching and Happy Thanksgiving!

Tiffstitch



4 comments:

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...